Friday, January 01, 2010

A New Year At Roy Lake

December flew by way too fast. It's now 2010 and I'm ready for the new year. We took our annual New Years Day trip to the lake to check on the cabin. Lot's of snow with the 25 inches that fell over Christmas.


Ready for a swing?



I should have brought a toboggan to run down the stairs. Of course if I had one I probably would have hit a tree on the way down.

The thermometer is a bit off. It was -14 below out. It was darn cold out. My Blackberry did not like the cold weather.
The neighbors.
My cabin.
The neighbors.
My backyard.
Elmer Fudd?
The outdoor biffy.
Jo ready to get into the warm truck.
My favorite rock group.
Summer View.
The driveway.
Roy Lake Loop.
The White Earth Tribal Police. There is some kind of strange power on the Roy Lake curve on HWY 200 that makes cars go off the road.
A few fish houses on the lake.
Lot's of snow on the lake.
Had to make a quick stop over to Twin Lakes.

On the way home the temperature hit -32 below around Erskine. Man that's cold. When we got back to Grand Forks it was a balmy -24 below.

No comments: