Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Outhouse

Summer vacation project

I hate red squirrels! Here's what they did to the neighbor's outhouse this past winter. Aaron and Eric must have got a bit of a jolt when they went to use the outhouse during their annual winter lake trip and disturbed the nest with their activities. I ran out of things to do on my summer 2 week vacation and tore into the outhouse roof. It was gross. I ripped the whole roof apart and filled up 2 garbage bags of nasty stuff. I ended up putting whole new roof on it.

Here's the topless outhouse below.


The neighbors were at the lake last weekend and saw that the outhouse fairy had paid a visit. They got into the spirit of things and tipped it over and put in a new floor. At least I won't have to worry about falling into the hole anymore. It was getting a bit soft.

It's too bad that Aaron wasn't inside when we tipped it.

No comments: